Pages

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Passion of the Christ

I recieved an email from Sophie's Steak House informing me of the great events coming up this Easter in the local area. As well as a 'cheeky' little egg hunt along the Southbank, they are expecting a crowd of around 25,000 to attend a free performance of the Passion of the Christ in Trafalgar Square. Playwrite Peter Hutley said "The crucifixion is a gruesome event – it’s an absolutely horrible thing. Let me say that the play pulls no punches". James Burke-Dunsmore who plays Jesus said "Since I started playing Jesus in this adaptation eight years ago, no one performance has been the same....Never have I got on the cross and felt mundane". I wouldn't have thought so. "Oh God... (sorry dad), not again. Up on the cross I go". Imagine that was your full-time job.

Anyway, Sophie's were obviously taking this opportunity to extend this invitation so that I may bare witness to the crucifixtion of our Lord.... followed by a choice of one of their 7 steaks, including their 'outrageous 27oz Porterhouse'.

In their email they say: "On Good Friday you can catch "The Passion of Christ" at Trafalgar Square then stroll up the Strand for Kid's eat free at Sophie's Covent Garden."

Am I the only one who finds this slightly inappropriate?



No comments:

Post a Comment